2022 Employment Law Update
Thursday, February 17 and Friday, February 18, 2022
The past year was filled with unexpected twists and turns for employers and more are expected. Join us for MRA’s premier annual Employment Law Update, when we will explore the trends that are here to stay and the legal implications for businesses. Hear from expert attorneys on how to remain compliant when hiring in a tight labor market, efficiently administer leaves of absence, create and update post-COVID policies and handbooks, effectively manage remote workers, and how to recognize and react to protected activity. Gain critical insight into managing vaccination exemptions and mandates, and how the Infrastructure Bill will impact employers.
Join us virtually on February 17 and 18, for two half days of employment law updates to help you stay ahead of key changes that impact your business.
NEW This Year:
The first 500 registrants will receive a conference gift in the mail. In the registration confirmation email, please be sure to click the link in that email to provide us with your best mailing address so you don’t miss out on this special reward.
6.75 credits applied for the main conference.
Thursday, February 17, 2022
Time Session 8:30 - 8:40 a.m. Welcome 8:40 - 9:40 a.m. Session 1: Year in Review & What's Ahead 9:40 - 10:25 a.m. Session 2a: Managing Overlapping Leaves of Absence Session 2b: What New Things Employers Need to Know 10:25 - 10:40 a.m. Break 10:40 - 11:25 a.m. Session 3a: Incentives, Compliance, and Penalties in Health & Wellness Plans Session 3b: Bring it Back to the Basics 11:25 a.m. - 12:25 p.m. Panel Discussion 12:25 - 12:30 p.m. Closing Remarks
Friday, February 18, 2022
Time Session 8:30 - 8:35 a.m. Welcome 8:35 - 9:20 a.m. Session 4: Labor Relations and the Infrastructure Bill 9:20 - 10:05 a.m. Session 5a: Policies and Handbooks Session 5b: Compliant Hiring 10:05 - 10:20 a.m. Break 10:20 - 11:05 a.m. Session 6a: Managing Remote Employees & State-Specific Laws Session 6b: Protected Activity 11:05 a.m. - 12:05 p.m. Panel Discussion 12:05 - 12:10 p.m. Closing Remarks
*Dates and times are subject to change.
State-Specific Legislative Updates:
State-specific legislative updates for Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, and Iowa will be sent to all attendees ahead of the conference.
- Joel Aziere, Buelow Vetter Buikema Olson & Vliet LLC, Wisconsin
- Robert Bernstein, Laner Muchin, Illinois
- Cynthia Bremer, Ogletree Deakins, Minnesota
- Gary Clark, Quarles & Brady LLP, Illinois
- Bill Egan, Avisen Legal, Minnesota
- Kathryn Hartrick, Hartrick Employment Law Ltd., Illinois
- Christine Liu McLaughlin, Godfrey & Kahn S. C., Wisconsin
- Elizabeth Odian, Michael Best & Friedrich LLP, Wisconsin
- Laurie Petersen, Lindner & Marsack S.C., Wisconsin
- Judith Williams-Killackey, Quarles & Brady LLP, Wisconsin
- Oyvind Wistrom, Lindner & Marsack S.C., Wisconsin
- Early Bird Member: $250 (ends 1/31/22)
- After Bird Member: $325 (starts 2/1/22)
- Nonmember: $375
Registration: To register, you must first be logged into your MRA account.
- First, select "Live Webinar" from the Location drop-down and February 17 from the Dates/Times drop-down in the white box above.
- Next, click "Pricing & Details" to continue.
- Finally, click the "Register" button, which will add the event to your shopping cart.
- From there, you can either pay with a credit card or choose Invoice Me.
Questions? Contact MRA's Registration team at 800.488.4845 or email [email protected].
Sponsoring MRA events is a tremendous opportunity to bring your message of business value to our growing membership of organizations HR professionals and business leaders. Our members represent all industries including manufacturing, service, distribution, finance and health care! 80% of event attendees are new at each event offering you the opportunity to network with new contacts. We are very excited about the event this year and hope you can join us!
For more information on sponsorship, call Laura Kielbasa at 262.696.3346 or [email protected].
Virtual Event Guidelines
Virtual Event Guidelines
MRA is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all event participants and MRA staff.
To ensure a comfortable learning environment for all event attendees, discussions should be focused on the meeting topic at hand. Expected behavior is outlined below:
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert the online MRA moderator if you notice violations of these guidelines or have concerns about fellow participants.
Participants violating these Guidelines will be asked to stop any inappropriate behavior and are expected to comply immediately. If the issue continues, MRA reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including, but not limited to, removal of the participant from the public chat, from the event, and/or banning from all future events.
To find out more about the services we offer, or to speak with a specialist about your specific needs, complete this form and one of our experts will reach out to you shortly.
Can’t wait? Call us now at 800.488.4845.