When friction between individuals becomes more than just dislike and the workplace is being affected, action is required. MRA can provide an impartial third party, trained in dispute resolution techniques and knowledgeable in handling workplace conflict.
Conflict Resolution may be appropriate when:
- Work has suffered and other employees are affected;
- The manager has talked with the parties several times, and the situation has not improved or has deteriorated;
- The problem has affected morale throughout the team or department;
- The problem has risen to a level in which employees are leaving or may leave; or
- It is apparent that you will need to terminate one or both employees if the problem isn't resolved.
Employers are responsible for conducting a thorough and prompt investigation into complaints of misconduct, discrimination, harassment, and violence to properly identify, address, and prevent recurrence of these problems. However, HR professionals often don’t have the bandwidth or resources they need to conduct time-sensitive investigations, which are a vital part of an employer’s defense against a possible claim. When dealing with a potentially costly employee situation, a workplace investigation can be more effective to use a neutral third party to conduct the investigation.
Benefits of using MRA as your external third-party investigator include:
- Professional investigators with expertise and experience.
- Increased objectivity due to lower familiarity with the individuals involved.
- Improved perception by employees that the investigation is fair and independent.
- Improved information disclosure to an outside party.
EEOC Charge Response Services
Getting a charge from the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) can be stressful. No matter what the allegation is, every company must respond promptly, thoroughly and effectively to an EEOC charge. MRA experts will investigate, gather information, and draft a thorough position statement, ensuring that all details of this complicated process are covered.
We are here for you.
MRA’s Conflict Resolution and Investigation services are conducted by skilled and experienced HR professionals. We will work with you to identify the issues, define the scope of the project, and develop an approach that is thorough and unbiased. The process includes:
- Prompt, objective, and thorough review of relevant documentation.
- Detailed review of relevant policies and procedures.
- In-person or telephone interviews with the people involved.
- A comprehensive investigation report.
- Upon request, recommendations for remedial action.
Featured Training & Events
Building Collaboration and Managing Conflict
Strategies for Leading a Culture Transformation in Your Organization - Webinar
Managing Your Anger and Conflict in the Workplace
To find out more about the services we offer, or to speak with a specialist about your specific needs, complete this form and one of our experts will reach out to you shortly.
Can’t wait? Call us now at 800.488.4845.