Leadership is about the team—the culture they keep and embrace, it’s about empathy for your customers, clients, employees and the communities where you do business, it’s about doing the right thing for the right reasons, being confident enough to take risks and responsible enough to think of those who your decisions and risks may affect.Kat Cole, former COO & President, Focus Brands
Throughout Janet’s career she has successfully managed all functions of human resources, including recruitment, retention, engagement, strategic planning, HR program development, and HR processes.
Her expertise includes investigating and resolving employee concerns, engaging employees, and providing community presence. In addition, she has experience managing compliance, recruiting, compensation, benefits, employee relations, training, and development.
- Evaluated pay inequities and developed and implemented a compensation structure to adjust pay based on skills and other factors, successfully achieving pay equity after 2 years.
- Accomplished all key performance indicator business objectives, including 98 percent of performance reviews and standard operating procedure shop floor training.
- Served as a member of the executive management team focusing on strategic planning, budgeting, change management, retention, and succession planning.
- Led HR initiatives such as COVID-19 response plans, retention, recruiting, training programs, and overhaul of performance review program to provide continuous feedback and career strategies.
- Collaborated and counseled with general manager, plant manager, manufacturing managers, and supervisors regarding employee relations, strategy, recruiting, and retention.
Janet received his bachelor’s degree from the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh.