Trust that everything happens for a reason, even if we are not wise enough to see it.Oprah
Ann has over 20 years of progressive HR experience in various sized industries, including manufacturing, distribution centers, retail, and hospitality. Ann connects easily with teams, likely due to her three core values that she lives by integrity, collaboration, and an intentional drive to make a difference. She offers “right fit” solutions designed for the member’s desired culture. Ann considers herself an extravert with some introvert sprinkled in here and there.
Ann is an accomplished professional with a broad experience base to draw from. Making a difference with all members she works with is her passion. Employee relations, recruiting, training, coaching, and payroll are just a few of the HR areas she is experienced in. Ann builds professional relationships very quickly and is very detail oriented.
- Navigated several merger-acquisitions, assisting employees through the change management process
- Oversaw a committee that was charged with creating and implementing employee engagement initiatives
- Served as a member of the executive management team focusing on strategic planning, budgeting, change management, retention, and succession planning
- Collaborated with and counseled with management team regarding employee relations, strategy, recruiting, and retention
- Implemented interviewing and selection training along with coaching for managers
- Sourced a new human resources information system (HRIS) and implemented it through training managers and staff
- Worked through the whole request for proposal (RFP) process to find a new insurance broker for several employers
Ann earned her Bachelor of Arts in business management with an emphasis in human resources from the University of Northern Iowa and has both the PHR and SHRM-CP certifications to further back her HR expertise.
Professional and Community Activities
Ann is a member of Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM), Great River Human Resources Association (GRHRA, a local Quad Cities chapter), and Hacking HR.