“Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you are right.”Henry Ford
Gretchen has been described as the rock that keeps the team on track and overcomes obstacles with positive energy that is infectious. Gretchen is truly a trusted business partner that works side-by-side with business leaders to create effective solutions. She has partnered with and understands small and large organizations from start-up phase to publicly traded. Gretchen believes in collaboration, clear communication, and putting client needs at the forefront. She has worked across many industries, from financial services to medical and manufacturing.
With over 14 years of experience, Gretchen is skilled in a wide variety of HR disciplines. She has had increasing responsibilities, including performance management, coaching and employee development, employee relations, compliance, compensation practices, employee engagement, strategic planning, and total rewards. Gretchen is experienced in HR transformations, mergers and acquisitions, and project management. She is also a skilled coach and has worked with emerging leaders to shift cultures in organizations. She has led projects that resulted in organizational changes and has the responsibility to develop and implement practice and policy.
- Oversaw an optimization project in order to align company spend with total rewards that had the greatest value to employees.
- Created materials and delivered training to managers to develop coaching skills.
- Developed compensation strategies and created pay grades and ranges as well as bonus plans including employee communication materials and implementation.
- Calibrated performance reviews and shifted to a pay-for-performance compensation program.
- Published “Is your brewery ready for the December 1 changes to overtime rules?” for Baker Tilly Accountants and Advisors and spoke at the Brewers Conference in Duluth, MN.
Gretchen earned a master’s degree in human resources and industrial relations from the University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management, Minneapolis, MN. She also has earned a bachelor’s degree in psychology with an emphasis in industrial/organizational psychology and a minor in chemistry from San Jose State University, San Jose.
Professional and Community Activities
Member and prior leader of Inspiration Circle (church women’s circle)
Member of Moms in Prayer group
Volunteer for Simpson House and Feed My Starving Children