When we dare to step beyond our comfort zones, we open doors to things we never thought possible.Holley Gerth
Amy is a lifelong learner whose favorite part of training is another opportunity for her to learn. Her passion for learning is contagious in the classroom, where her interactive style will engage learners and move them towards self-discovery and practical application.
Amy has 20 years of experience working in human resources for multiple industries including print manufacturing, mining, publishing, health care, and nonprofits. She also has experience in teaching business management classes in higher education. Amy is a skilled learning and development professional with extensive experience in program development and training delivery.
- Transformed a company’s limited training experiences into a strategic business initiative
- Developed a change management plan to move a business forward with culture transformation
- Partnered with a nonprofit organization to establish the human resource function from nonexistent to thriving
- Secured nearly $200,000 in training grant funds for an organization, in partnership with a local university
- Master’s degree in human resources and leading organizational change from the University of St. Thomas Opus College of Business, Minneapolis, MN
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication Studies from Minnesota State University, Mankato, MN
Professional and Community Activities
Amy has spent many years advocating for victims of domestic abuse, training other advocates and speaking at conference events. She is currently pursuing Client Advocate Certification for a pregnancy resource center and is actively involved with youth ministry at her local church. She has also served as a board member for several nonprofit organizations.