Never, never, never give up.”Winston Churchill
Words to live by when sourcing "purple squirrels"! While in graduate school working on her master’s degree in clinical psychology, Pat never dreamed that she’d spend her career as a recruiter. A newspaper ad seeking candidates with assessment backgrounds lured Pat to her first professional job as a recruiter, and that started her love affair with the profession.
- Finding that good fit who fills a hiring need and makes a difference
- Being fully engaged with hiring managers and great candidates
- Adapting to recruiting processes or creating recruitment processes where none exist
- Solving staffing problems
- Mastering the hunt
- Reveling in great hires and doing the related communication and documentation
Pat has proven skills in RPO and corporate recruiting in a variety of industries including manufacturing, travel, nonprofit, healthcare, and energy. She has experience in full life cycle recruiting for exempt and nonexempt positions in engineering, IT, HR, legal, communications, supply chain, customer services, operations/manufacturing, sales, and marketing.
Pat thrives on bringing great talent to organizations. Besides posting job opportunities, and reviewing and assessing candidates, she has been successful in sourcing passive candidates for hard-to-fill positons. She also excels in building strong partnerships with hiring managers in various industries. Pat has over 30 years’ experience successfully recruiting for companies with from 35 to 170,000 employees.
- In her last two years at a Fortune 100 company, did high volume recruiting, filling 2–3 positions (both exempt and non-exempt) per week.
- Organized and hosted corporate job fairs for companies during times of high growth to achieve aggressive hiring goals.
Pat holds a master’s degree in Clinical Psychology from Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI, and a bachelor’s degree in psychology (math minor) from UW—Whitewater, Whitewater, WI.
Professional and Community Activities
Pat participates in various volunteer activities through her church, including mission trips to Piura, Peru, in 2014 and 2016.