Never let formal education get in the way of your learning.Mark Twain
As a lifelong learner, Dan appreciates both formal education and learning by doing. His approach to facilitating and teaching follows this same approach—to introduce new methods and ideas, and help people connect them to their own experiences. We all learn from one another’s stories and challenges.
Dan’s experience is creating powerful learning experiences that help people build business-relevant skills. Over the years he’s led teams in project management, strategic thinking, problem solving and innovation, leadership, design thinking, and culture change. He’s enjoyed innovating with different approaches to learning in the classroom, on the job, and online.
- Led learning and development teams for a global services company
- Won a Chief Learning Officer Learning Elite award
- Certified as a Human Capital Strategist, Human Capital Institute
- Master of Divinity, Luther Seminary St. Paul, MN
- Master of Education, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
- Bachelor of Science, Psychology and Computer Science, Tallahassee, FL
Publications and Presentations
- Chapter in Big Learning Data, Elliot Masie (ed.), 2013
- High Performance Learning: How Our Study of How High Performers Learn Changed Our View of the Learning Landscape, Masie Learning Conference, 2011
- Developing Deep Specialization, CLO Symposium, 2011
Professional and Community Activities
Dan is active in his local faith community and neighborhood association. He plays saxophone in a community jazz band.