DisruptHR Quad Cities: June 14, 2018 Speakers
Interested in disrupting the Quad Cities HR scene?
If you have something to share, an idea you want to test out, or something you’ve always wanted to say about the future of HR and talent, let us know and we’ll keep you in mind for our next event! Meanwhile Watch these awesome talks from Disruptors across the world or from our Minneapolis- St. Paul event.
Each speaker had only 5 minutes to blow our mind! For photos from the event see the photo tab.
Jon Sexton, PhD
SVP Culture and Leadership Development, Vibrant Credit Union
Leading with Luminescence
The time for the paradigm shift is now. Stop wasting time identifying manager prospects with "soft skills". Instead focus on developing leaders with luminescence. When you invest in developing these natural influencers in the long run and give them the opportunity and autonomy to leverage their natural strengths, your organization will shine with a whole new level of radiance that's impossible to ignore.
Read Jon's "Quality Contagious Leadership" article.
HR Doomsman, Resources, Human & Otherwise, PC
Robots Vs Aliens: HR’s New B Horror Story
John Connor, even with his time-traveling capabilities didn't embrace technology. When your next hire doesn't wear pants but can write its own job description without taking up office space, give it a chance so you can spend your time working on your slightly more lofty goal of complete and utter world domination.
Founder & CEO, BluJaket
Why an empty office can be a good thing, or better yet, why even have an office?
You too can save money, fund growth, and invest in employees by implementing the right virtual office strategies into your business and Disrupt HR.
Kelly Noel Rasmussen
Senior Account Coordinator & Business Manager, Strategic Partners Marketing
Namaste: Bringing Mindfulness into the Workplace
Mindfulness makes us more productive, and there are simple ways we can integrate it into the little moments that fill our workday.
CEO, Vera French Community Mental Health Center
Build your performance incentive program around principles that drive retention of key employees and not just performance. The result? High performing employees who remain on the job year-after-year – a great return on your investment!
Controller, Grace Engineered Products Inc.
Unlimited Paid Time Off- Are You for Real?
Unlimited PTO is really responsible time off and a great way to engage employees.
Read Hana's "Unlimited PTO – A Real Life Example" article.
President, Bush Construction
Change the Game to Win the Game
- Are you ready to be "wow’d" when you stop being afraid of listening to your team members’ innovative ideas and pursue their visions for your company’s future?
- Were you imagining the exciting new roles and departments that they could create within your company that will challenge the status quo in your industry?
- Find those creative maneuvers. Identify and listen to those key team members. Get the winning edge over your competition.
Read AJ's "Intrapreneurship" article.
Getting the Right People On Your Bus
We should be hiring / training for character so we continuously improve our company culture, customer relationships and bottom line.
Chief Experience Officer, Vibrant Credit Union
Do you really need a piss test?
- With anything, laws change and so does the business environment, we have a responsibility to make sure our business practices is keeping up.
- Just because we’ve always done something doesn’t mean we always should.
- Doing away with a process is easy. Understand the, "why" and weighing the risk is critical to any business decision.