Being in any leadership position requires you to be a motivator, problem solver, disciplinarian, delegator, mediator, interviewer, communicator, and trainer all at once. This course will give you the knowledge, skills, and abilities to be effective in your position. Taught from an in-the-trenches perspective, this interactive course will give you practical, easy-to-use methods for handling everyday issues.
- Identify the informal leaders in your organization.
- Recognize the importance of relationships (e.g. internal customers).
- Implement techniques to provide feedback and recognition.
- List the levels of authority and use them to elevate others and yourself.
- Identify your role in the interview, orientation, and performance review processes.
- Implement delegation and work assigning techniques.
- Identify people's motivational needs.
- Examine the supervisor role in workplace change.
- Define two types of discipline and your role in the discipline process.
When you complete the entire program, you will receive a certificate recognizing your achievement.
Who Should Attend:
Individuals who have recently been assigned direct supervisory responsibilities. Experienced supervisors who want to enhance or refresh their supervisory skills.
For In-Person Training in WI/IL/IA:
Please refer to Supervision Fundamentals. For online training, both titles provide the same content and location does not matter. Choose a date that works best for you!
To find out more about the services we offer, or to speak with a specialist about your specific needs, complete this form and one of our experts will reach out to you shortly.
Can’t wait? Call us now at 800.488.4845.