Happy New Year!
Remember all the HR projects you were bound and determined to tackle in 2020, but then you had to deal with all things pandemic? While COVID-19 is still causing quite a bit of a fuss, it’s time to reconsider the business of human resources and what you need to focus on in the new year.
We talked with some colleagues and put together their top five list of things that didn’t get done last year that need to get done now.
- Prioritize a Wellness Initiative. Especially coming off a year like 2020, employees everywhere need to focus on self-care and staying healthy in mind, body, and spirit. A wellness program does just that. Check out our friends at the Wellness Council of Wisconsin, where they have many ideas to get you started.
- Give a Pulse Survey. Or two. Or three. Pulse surveys are a great way to check-in frequently to see how your workforce is doing. The survey results will open your eyes to things like:
- If employees are stressed or anxious
- What their immediate needs are
- To see where their levels of engagement are at
With the work environment continually evolving, pulse surveys are the best way to quickly get the employee information you need to know.
- Recruit for the Next Great Talent. Maybe last year didn’t really feel like the time to fill open roles or create new ones. But now that the dust is settling and your business may be in less of a state of flux, you probably need to hire some people. It’s an excellent time to start recruiting because there is a lot of great talent out there looking to find someplace new to bring their skills.
- Update Policies and Posters. Chances are some things have changed (and changed again) within your organization in the last year. Be sure to capture those changes in writing and get your organization’s handbook policies up-to-date. And don’t forget to double-check the state and federal posters that affect your business.
- All the Little (and not so little) Things. For all your other HR plans that just need to get done, you can partner with MRA. We will send in a seasoned professional to tackle your projects, large or small, completed on time and budget.
It’s a new year. It’s going to be a better year. And it’s going to feel great to get back to business. Whatever is on your list of must-dos for 2021, we wish you luck! And we are here to help with any of your HR project needs. For more information, check out our website or call our 24/7 Hotline at 800.488.4845.