Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star.”W. Clement Stone
Knowledgeable, creative, collaborative, and trustworthy are a few key attributes that have been used to describe Sara. Her human resource experience includes over 15 years in multi-state, multi-unit retail organizations and professional services businesses. A practical, sound approach to HR makes her a strong advocate for both the employer and employee.
Certified as a Senior Human Resource Professional through HRCI and a Senior Certified Professional through SHRM, Sara has worked as a generalist to both field and corporate operations with a strong focus on employee relations, training, and performance management. She has also served as a specialist working on projects such as mergers and acquisition due diligence, divestitures, and immigration.
- Strategic planning and tactical guidance of an immigration program that resulted in the program doubling in size over a two-year period.
- Assisted organizations in creating programs and processes that led to increased efficiency and employee satisfaction.
- Developed and facilitated leadership training including competency development, behavioral interviewing, performance management, and compliance topics.
- Served as key HR subject matter expert for implementation of a payroll/human resource information system (HRIS) for mulit-state, multi-jurisdiction employer.
- Provided recommendations on complex employee relations matters including coaching and counseling, corrective actions, performance management, terminations, investigations, and EEOC. Successfully represented company at several EEOC and state agency mediations.
Sara holds a bachelor’s degree in human resources from DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois.
Professional and Community Activities
Sara served as a member of the immigration working group of the Labor Policy Association, a team that developed recommendations to the United States Customs and Immigration Services regarding the use of E-Verify.