Class Times: 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. each day
FMLA is a hot topic for every organization, and MRA's solution is a comprehensive education package. Our unique blended learning approach provides you with more freedom to control your learning experience. Training is delivered through several different mediums, in order to cater to all learning styles and provide a more customized offering. Time is of the essence, and this approach allows you to focus your efforts on areas that will have a great impact on your success.
- Identify when employees may qualify for federal FMLA or state leave.
- Execute each step of the leave administration process effectively.
- Review the liability risks involved with improper administration of FMLA.
- Recognize responsibilities to maintain employee rights under the law.
- Evaluate and complete FMLA documentation forms.
This comprehensive package includes:
eLearning to be completed prior to classroom instruction
- Overview of FMLA process.
- Summary of federal FMLA regulations.
- Review of common forms and policies.
Classroom Instruction Day 1: Half-day 8:30am-12:00pm
- Discuss an overview of FMLA law
- Review covered employer and employee eligibility requirements along with covered family members
- Explore qualifying reasons for leave
- Review leave increments and calculate the duration of leave
- Discuss 12-month-period options
- Explore leave reasons and limitations for spouses working for the same employer
Classroom Instruction Day 2: Half-day 8:30am-12:00pm
- Understand employee and employer notice requirements
- Review the types of medical certification and requirements
- Discuss benefit considerations related to FMLA
- Review return to work and exhaustion of leave considerations, including overlapping leave laws
- Describe the roles and responsibilities regarding FMLA communications
- Practice FMLA case studies and complete FMLA paperwork
Post-class training on State Leave Laws
Recording to be viewed after classroom instruction
- Compare federal FMLA to state specific FMLA requirements.
- Highlight other leave laws that overlap with FMLA.
- Review sample leave scenarios and apply concepts.
Who Should Attend:
Any individual responsible for day-to-day FMLA administration.
To find out more about the services we offer, or to speak with a specialist about your specific needs, complete this form and one of our experts will reach out to you shortly.
Can’t wait? Call us now at 800.488.4845.