The moment you become a supervisor, anything you do, say, hear, observe, or write down you do on behalf of the organization, and they’re counting on you to consistently get it right. One in five managers will find themselves representing their organizations in court at some point in their careers, and you need to be ready if that day arrives. In this course, you will get a fuller understanding of employment law, including how to correctly handle such legal situations as:
- Disability accommodations
- Legal interviewing
- Progressive discipline
- Explore the role of legal agent and the implications for managers and supervisors.
- Identify employment laws and actions required to remain compliant.
- Review best practices to reduce the risk of litigation in all phases of the employment life cycle.
- Recognize the importance of documentation to support employment decisions.
- Determine when and how to partner with HR.
This Live Online event consists of three 2-hour virtual sessions to bring the training right to you! Come ready to participate to get the most out of your learning experience.
Role of a Supervisor
Guidelines for Legal Interviewing
Who Should Attend:
This program is ideal for new managers and supervisors or as a refresher for experienced managers and supervisors.