The COVID-19 era changed the way we worked and offered a level of work-life flexibility and increased autonomy that many employees have not experienced. Many employers who never considered using teleworkers found it not only could work but provided some advantages. Returning and reintegrating employees can be complicated by the employee's willingness to return, accrued leave time, accommodation requests, financial constraints, and changing needs of the employer.
In this session will discuss these issues and best practices, including the following areas:
· Vaccinated Workplace
· Can an employer ask about vaccination status?
· Encouraging vaccination vs. mandating vaccination
· Best practices for a return to work
· Masks? Social distance? Small groups?
· Alternative work scenarios
· Continued telework
· Alternate work schedules
· Continue restricted travel and use of Zoom
· Can employers be held liable for employees contracting COVID in the workplace?
Speaker: Joel Aziere – Buelow Vetter – Buikema Olson & Vliet, LLC