Nothing will work unless you do.Maya Angelou
The word most often used to describe Michelle Hyde is enthusiastic. Whether discussing the importance of a respectful workplace or the new novel she can’t put down, there is no doubt Michelle will bring her enthusiasm for training and development to your organization. A seasoned storyteller, Michelle’s interactive and upbeat style will keep your team energized and engaged.
Michelle’s expertise is in diversity and inclusion, employee experience, coaching, and event planning. She skillfully facilitates difficult conversations while optimizing learning using current training methods, active engagement, and tailoring to the needs of an individual. She has worked in the fields of financial services, manufacturing, higher education, and national health nonprofits.
- Society for Human Resources Management Certified Professional Online Diversity and Inclusion Certification, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, Human Resources Management Graduate Certification, University of Illinois- Springfield, Springfield, IL.
- Co-led LGBT Market strategy for all aspects of Fortune 100 organization’s LGBT Market initiatives.
- Created and executed virtual and in-person trainings on client relationship-building, branding and event planning for 70+ regional chapters for a national health nonprofit.
- Assisted in the global rollout of a new employee experience survey methodology and software.
Michelle earned her master’s degree in liberal sciences (training and development) from the University of Illinois-Springfield, Springfield, IL and her bachelor’s degree in communications (public relations) from Bradley University, Peoria, IL.
Publications and Presentations
- Out and Equal Workplace Summit Speaker 2017 and 2018
- Graduate Thesis "Diversity and Inclusion Training and the ADDIE model"
Professional and Community Activities
Michelle is an advocate and volunteer for the YWCA, Dress for Success, and the Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House of the Quad Cities.