Great leaders are not judged by how many followers they have, but rather by how many leaders they help create."Mahatma Gandhi
Laurie has wide-ranging management experience in human resources, industrial relations, organizational development, business information systems, training and development, management coaching, mediation, and communication disciplines. For more than 25 years, Laurie has helped companies elevate employee performance and improve productivity. A graduate of the state of Iowa Leadership program, she has helped hundreds of organizations identify, cultivate, and develop future leaders, managers, and supervisors.
Laurie works in tandem with MRA on specific leadership development training initiatives. She previously served as MRA executive director for the Iowa/Western Illinois region. Since founding a communications consulting company in 2004, Laurie has worked with organizations to help align strategic goals with talent management and workforce strategies. As a state workforce investment representative under the governor of Nebraska, Laurie developed city, county, and community relations as well as statewide partnerships. Laurie holds a human resources generalist certification and practitioner’s and master’s certifications in advanced studies of neuro-psychology.
- Worked with training companies in Europe and Central America to understand diversity of workforces and communication needs.
- Assisted organizations in creating community and statewide partnerships through best business practices and strategic planning.
- Collaborated in workforce development initiatives with Midwestern governors and state-level departments of labor.
- Improved manager and leader skills by providing one-on-one coaching.
Laurie earned a B.S. degree in business management and information systems from Bellevue University, Bellevue, Nebraska.
Professional and Community Activities
- Adjunct instructor for community colleges in Nebraska
- President of the Professional HR Association and Central Nebraska Technology and Training Association
- Vice-chair of Executive Committee for Leadership, Iowa Board of Governors