The legalization of marijuana in several states, the growing use of opioids, and the issue of alcohol abuse provides unique workplace challenges for employers. As a supervisor or manager, you will explore the practical steps to take to recognize and address drug and alcohol abuse in the workplace, and your role in keeping the workplace safe.
1. Describe and define the problem of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
2. Discuss the importance and contents of a workplace policy.
3. Identify the substances commonly included in drug testing.
4. Describe the signs and symptoms of drug and alcohol intoxication or abuse.
5. Explain what is meant by reasonable suspicion.
6. Identify the supervisor's role in the reasonable suspicion process.
This eLearning is training for an individual and the module satisfies the 1-hour Department of Transportation refresher training requirement and the Iowa 1-hour supervisor annual refresher training requirement.
Who Should Attend:
Managers, supervisors, safety professionals and HR professionals
HRCI: 1 HR (General) Credit
SHRM: 1 PDC
Program Details: View the full eLearning details.
Contact [email protected] for more information.