Media Contact: Kathryn Klopfer, Marketing Communications & PR Specialist
Kathryn.Klopfer@mranet.org | 262.696.3426
MRA’s 2019-2020 Nonprofit Compensation & Benefits Survey Results Just Released
MILWAUKEE, WI (February 24, 2020) – Nonprofits are in direct competition with for-profits to hire and retain high quality employees. MRA’s Nonprofit Compensation & Benefits Survey provides research on current pay and benefits to help nonprofits be competitive in today’s job marketplace.
“Tight operating budgets and fund allocations make recruiting and retention efforts for nonprofits quite challenging,” said Cheryl Podlesnik, MRA Survey Data Analyst. “Nonprofits may have to up their game in offering other benefits and perks such as: wellness programs, paid-time off, life and disability insurance, and retirement plans to attract and retain employees.”
2019-2020 Nonprofit Compensation & Benefits Survey highlights include:
- Nonprofits are keeping pace with current overall compensation trends with 90 percent awarding pay increases annually.
- Actual and projected increases for nonprofit positions are also consistent within the marketplace averaging 2.9-3.1 percent increases.
- More than half (62 percent) of nonprofits base pay increases on merit, with 37 percent that grant across the board general increases.
- Nonprofits recognize the importance of addressing health and wellness in the workplace. The top five wellness benefits offered are:
- Employee assistance programs (83%)
- Flu shots (50%)
- Fitness center membership—onsite or cost subsidy (35%)
- Tobacco cessation resources (27%)
- Onsite wellness education (27%)
For questions about MRA's surveys, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.488.4845, Ext. 3508.
About MRA—The Management Association: Founded in 1901, MRA is a nonprofit employer association that serves 4,000 employers, covering more than one million employees worldwide. As one of the largest employer associations in the nation, MRA helps its members thrive by offering comprehensive HR services, talent management, learning and organization development opportunities, and total rewards planning. MRA works to help organizations build a successful workplace and powerful workforce. Headquartered in Waukesha, WI, MRA has regional offices in Palatine, IL; Moline, IL; and Plymouth, MN. To learn more about MRA, visit www.mranet.org.