To improve organizational performance, we must improve the productivity, the behavior, and the processes, as well as communication. To continuously improve performance, we must do these things habitually.
This course builds on the basic supervision skills learned in Supervision Part I: Leadership Fundamentals and provides you with:
- Specific communication techniques
- A process for improving situations
- Practical application in the classroom
- Practical skills for improving work and/or life situations
You will select a real-life situation from work. You will apply the listening techniques and the innovation process to your chosen situation to continuously improve the organization's performance.
- Become an active and effective communicator.
- Effectively implement and manage change in the workforce.
- Help others to accept change, participate in change, and even own the change.
- Reduce, eliminate problems or improve, create innovation.
- Foster, implement, and encourage an organizational philosophy, mentality of continuous improvement.
When you complete the entire program, you will receive a certificate recognizing your achievement.
Who Should Attend:
Any experienced supervisor or manager who wants to enhance or refresh their communication and interpersonal skills or learn how to effectively solve compelling problems at work.