Whether dealing with discipline, corrective action, or workplace complaints of harassing behavior, management has a duty to investigate to ensure that employees concerns are heard and resolved. This blended learning offering is broken into two interactive segments. It will provide you with the skills, tools, and techniques needed to complete an investigation.
- Apply the various stages of an investigation to a case study.
- Practice investigation skills required to conduct an investigation, including preparing questions and conducting interviews.
- Develop findings and conclusions based upon interviews, exhibits, and other information.
- Recommend a course of action based upon your findings and conclusions.
- Create thorough and timely documentation.
Investigations Overview (Pre-class training)
The mandatory e-Learning module is first step in the program and is essential to your overall learning experience. It will provide an overview of the investigation process and an understanding of the different types of complaints that may be received. The knowledge you gain from this module will then be applied in step two of the program in a comprehensive investigations workshop.
Classroom Workshop (Full day)
Using a real-life case study, you will learn how to practically and effectively conduct a workplace investigation. You will have the opportunity to walk through each step of the process and work directly with an MRA investigator to identify recommended solutions for the case study scenario.
Who Should Attend:
HR professionals who are responsible for conducting workplace investigations.