It's a myth that ostriches bury their heads in the sand. But the myth is a spot-on analogy for leaders who take no action when their employees are faltering, who insist on doing it all themselves, or who fail to recognize the value of proactively managing performance. This module helps you banish the notion that, "This will go away if I just ignore it." By learning to effectively train, delegate, coach, set goals, and give feedback in effective, efficient, and ethical ways, you increase your employees' chances for success on the job. You acquire the skills to implement a consultative method of addressing issues and a process that gets to the heart of performance issues while recognizing the vital steps to take when discipline is required.
- Define the elements of a successful performance management system.
- Establish performance standards.
- Create SMART goals.
- Diagnose causes of performance problems.
- Use a five-step training technique to develop the skills of others.
- Implement the four-step coaching process.
- Demonstrate the assertive communication skills of listening and asking questions.
- Apply delegation techniques to develop talent.
- Examine strategies to ensure proper documentation.
- Develop effective counseling skills using a conversation guide.
- Uncover reasons managers do not discipline employees for poor behavior.
- Describe the four steps of progressive discipline.
- Explore implications of a manager’s role as a legal agent.
- Recognize the liabilities that can be caused by poor documentation.
- Identify errors managers make with performance reviews.
- Design, prepare, and conduct an effective performance review.
Who Should Attend:
New and experienced supervisors, managers, and professionals, as well as individuals with management potential, looking for in-depth strategies with practical application.
This Course is a Popular Onsite.
Click here for more information.
To find out more about the services we offer, or to speak with a specialist about your specific needs, complete this form and one of our experts will reach out to you shortly.
Can’t wait? Call us now at 800.488.4845.