Principles of Leadership Excellence Certificate Series
Clarity. It’s what your team wants. They want to know what to do and what success looks like. This module will help you effectively set goals, give feedback, train, coach, and delegate in effective, efficient, and ethical ways. Armed with a consultative method, you can also get to the heart of performance issues while recognizing the vital steps when discipline is required.
- Define the elements of a successful performance management system.
- Establish performance standards.
- Create SMART goals.
- Diagnose causes of performance problems.
- Use a five-step training technique to develop the skills of others.
- Implement the four-step coaching process.
- Demonstrate the assertive communication skills of listening and asking questions.
- Apply delegation techniques to develop talent.
- Examine strategies to ensure proper documentation.
- Develop effective counseling skills using a conversation guide.
- Uncover reasons managers do not discipline employees for poor behavior.
- Describe the four steps of progressive discipline.
- Explore implications of a manager’s role as a legal agent.
- Recognize the liabilities that can be caused by poor documentation.
- Identify errors managers make with performance reviews.
- Design, prepare, and conduct an effective performance review.
Who Should Attend:
New and experienced supervisors, managers, and professionals, as well as individuals with management potential, looking for in-depth strategies with practical application.
This Course is a Popular Onsite.
Click here for more information.
To find out more about the services we offer, or to speak with a specialist about your specific needs, complete this form and one of our experts will reach out to you shortly.
Can’t wait? Call us now at 800.488.4845.