Excellent communication skills – you can’t be a great leader without them. In this module, you’ll learn to adapt your communication style to others, hone your listening skills, and deliver effective feedback without raising defensiveness. You’ll also work on tone and body language, and choose the right mode of communication to build trust and respect.
- Examine the “5 C’s” that give nonverbal communication meaning.
- Apply the DiSC® model to recognize differences between styles and adapt your style for more effective communication.
- Demonstrate active listening, effective questioning techniques, and giving clear directions.
- Apply five strategies to minimize defensive responses.
- Create assertive “I” messages that help improve poor results or get excellent results repeated.
- Compare the characteristics of generations in today’s workplace.
- Contrast the generational trends and identify how they can cause communication to fail at work.
- Examine the impact of the four emotional intelligence factors on successful communication.
- Discuss how to overcome isolation with remote workers.
- Examine appropriate and effective use of modes of communication technology such as email, texts, and conference calls.
Who Should Attend:
New and experienced supervisors, managers, and professionals as well as for individuals with management potential looking for in-depth strategies with practical application.
This Course is a Popular Onsite.
Click here for more information.
To find out more about the services we offer, or to speak with a specialist about your specific needs, complete this form and one of our experts will reach out to you shortly.
Can’t wait? Call us now at 800.488.4845.