Regardless of what product or service your organization offers, as a leader you're in the people business big time. Success demands high-level communication skills. Talking, writing, texting, emailing, phoning, gesturing, and listening you swim every day in the ocean of communication. If those communication skills are poor, you're in the ocean with an anchor tied to your feet. In this module, you learn Olympic-sized techniques to strengthen your talent. Just like swimming, you analyze the strokes you currently use, discovering important aspects of your own communication style. You learn to adapt your personal communication to those whose style is different from yours and take out your earplugs to hone your listening skills. Your awareness and use of nonverbal communication will sharpen. After the module, you feel confident to win a gold medal in communication.
- Examine the “5 C’s” that give nonverbal communication meaning.
- Apply the DiSC® model to recognize differences between styles and adapt your style for more effective communication.
- Demonstrate active listening, effective questioning techniques, and giving clear directions.
- Apply five strategies to minimize defensive responses.
- Create assertive “I” messages that help improve poor results or get excellent results repeated.
- Compare the characteristics of generations in today’s workplace.
- Contrast the generational trends and identify how they can cause communication to fail at work.
- Examine the impact of the four emotional intelligence factors on successful communication.
- Discuss how to overcome isolation with remote workers.
- Examine appropriate and effective use of modes of communication technology such as email, texts, and conference calls.
Who Should Attend:
New and experienced supervisors, managers, and professionals as well as for individuals with management potential looking for in-depth strategies with practical application.
This Course is a Popular Onsite.
Click here for more information.
To find out more about the services we offer, or to speak with a specialist about your specific needs, complete this form and one of our experts will reach out to you shortly.
Can’t wait? Call us now at 800.488.4845.