Higher achievement. Deeper commitment. Sharper solutions. Ah, the payoff of superior teamwork! Helping groups achieve stellar results calls for particular skills, including creating trust, involving others in making decisions, and aligning team members' personal goals with the work of the group. It's a sure bet that team members with different backgrounds, interests, and personalities will bring different viewpoints to the table. It's a sure bet that team members with different backgrounds, interests, and personalities will bring different viewpoints to the table. It's also a sure bet that those different viewpoints can create stress and unproductive conflict. Competence in handling the complexities of teamwork in just the right way takes the know-how and practice this module provides. You'll learn how to skyrocket the effectiveness of a team and minimize unproductive conflict. You'll take away practical techniques to address expected and unexpected behaviors.
- Apply a model of teamwork to group performance.
- Explain the value of diversity of thought, experience, and perspective in teamwork and decision making.
- Apply strategies for addressing needs of isolated employees.
- Distinguish between productive and unproductive conflict.
- Demonstrate steps for managing conflict.
- Apply strategies for dealing with disruptive and difficult people.
Who Should Attend:
New and experienced supervisors, managers, and professionals as well as individuals with management potential.