Savvy business leaders are always on the lookout for opportunities for change. With many of today’s top industries completely unknown 30 years ago, merely maintaining the status quo is flirting with failure. Understanding the dynamics of change and encouraging changes and improvements in their areas of responsibility are requirements for effective and forward-thinking leaders. This module addresses the challenge of initiating and shepherding change, focusing on techniques to communicate with and engage those affected. You learn best practices for dealing with unintended consequences of change and how to avoid the tug-of-war that can occur when change is poorly managed.
Note: The final portion of this program includes a wrap up of the entire Principles of Excellence Series and the Individual Learning Plan used throughout all six modules of the series.
- Outline the major stages in the cycle of change.
- Describe change models and the applicability to various work environments.
- Identify and develop strategies for leading change.
- Identify the effects of change on employees.
- Demonstrate skills for communicating about change.
- Review effective management relation strategies.
- Examine elements of the graduate community for ongoing learning.
Who Should Attend:
For newly appointed supervisors, managers, and professionals as well as for individuals with management potential looking for in-depth strategies with practical application.