This annual survey report covers holiday practices regarding alternative work schedules, plant/company shutdowns, regularly scheduled holidays, and more.
A total of 984 organizations representing 1,230 reporting locations (i.e. units/divisions) participated across Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.
Definitions of Terms
Regular Scheduled Holiday:
- A holiday observed by the company
- A selected day off usually scheduled by an employee, but may be assigned to a specific date by the employer
- It may be a substitute day taken when the employee is scheduled to work on a regular scheduled holiday
- Prior notice and supervisory approval is usually obtained
Work Normal Schedule:
- A day that is not an observed holiday for your company
- For the companies that have not made a decision on how they are treating that day
- A period of time when a plant/warehouse is temporarily closed for preventive maintenance or fiscal/calendar year-end