There are many ways to transition from an individual contributor to a manager. New skills may be required to be successful in the new role. This compact, concise, focused training is all about applicable skills—nothing but the essentials!
- Identify the informal leaders in your organization.
- Recognize the importance of relationships (e.g. internal customers).
- Implement techniques to provide feedback and recognition.
- List the levels of authority and use them to elevate others and yourself.
- Identify your role in the interview, orientation, and performance review process.
- Introduce change and gain employee acceptance.
- Implement delegation and work assigning techniques.
- Identify people's motivational needs.
- Examine the supervisor role in workplace change.
- Define two types of discipline and your role in the discipline process.
Who Should Attend:
Individuals who have recently been assigned direct supervisory responsibilities.
If You're Located in MN:
Please refer to Supervision Part I: Fundamentals of Leadership.