Lean initiatives are often managed through the use of targeted improvement projects called kaizen events or blitzes. It is very important to carefully plan these events to maximize their effectiveness. Participants will learn how to plan and complete a kaizen event using a proven method. Through discussions and exercises, participants will learn the best practices for facilitating successful kaizen events. Building on that foundation, participants briefly review the three key phases of a kaizen event and focus on the "people side" of managing lean projects.
- Recognize the best practices for planning events.
- Explain how to plan an event using forms and tools provided.
- Explain event leadership tools for successful kaizen events.
- Describe effective meeting tactics.
- Explore methods for dealing with conflict and resistance in the team.
- Discuss successful communication strategies for the team.
Who Should Attend:
Supervisors, managers, or leaders within an organization who will be responsible for improvement using lean methods. Prior knowledge is assumed, either through classes taught by MRA, or practical use of lean methods.