"Customers don’t care what you know until they know you care!" Technical and professional staff need to understand how to build business with customers during and after a project. This program stresses the parallel responsibilities of doing the work while also fulfilling their job of building business through ongoing customer relationships.
Participants will increase awareness of the importance of relationships and customer-focused communication, while they practice navigating the steps of a professional service conversation that creates greater satisfaction for all.
Examine the four primary needs of internal and external customers.
- Compare the linkages between customer needs and provider behaviors to acquire business, service customers, and maintain business relationships.
- Describe the importance of customer relationships and the service provider’s obligation to service.
- Use empathy to validate the feelings of upset/angry customers.
- Define emotional triggers in service situations and plan the responses.
- Demonstrate how to listen and communicate effectively with customers.
Who Should Attend:
Those who have a technical area of expertise such as field engineers, truck drivers, technicians who also sell...and need to develop or improve relationships with internal and external customers. Suggested industries include: manufacturing, health care, financial services, insurance, car dealerships, etc.