Successful collaboration takes place when team leaders build a supportive climate with positive communication and constructive feedback. Through a variety of activities and discussions, you will examine your role as a communicator. After completing the online DiSC® Communication Style Assessment, you will receive a personal report to use in class and back at work. You will learn to build a positive communication environment by giving constructive feedback, handling defensiveness, and listening effectively.
This is the second of five programs in the Leading Effective Teams Certificate Series.
- Identify components of effective communication and techniques for improving listening.
- Use steps for communicating non-defensively.
- Identify your own communication style and describe the characteristics of other styles.
- Give constructive feedback statements and "I" messages.
- Describe ways to positively influence others.
Who Should Attend:
Leaders of departmental, cross-functional, or project teams who may or may not have direct authority over team members. Also for those in management/supervisory roles moving from a traditional organizational structure to a team-oriented environment.