Assertive communication is not passive, nor is it aggressive and dominating; it represents the most effective method of expression in almost every workplace situation. This one-day program is designed to help participants increase their influence and credibility, add confidence to their communication, become more effective in dealing with conflict situations, and increase results.
Are you known for being passive, aggressive, or passive-aggressive? How you react and respond to stress, pressure, and conflict in the workplace can have long-lasting effects—on your relationships, your professional reputation, your results, and your career path. In this one-day program, we will discuss and practice assertive communication, enabling you to honestly and directly express your thoughts, feelings, and opinions in a way that is constructive, credible, and respectful to others.
- Recognize and address assertive, aggressive, and passive behaviors.
- Be appropriately assertive in conflict situations.
- Reduce defensiveness in communication.
- Use positive communication techniques.
- Deliver difficult messages in a confident, assertive manner.
- Identify and interpret nonverbal messages.
Who Should Attend:
Managers, supervisors, professionals, specialists, administrative assistants, and other leadership professionals who want to improve their ability to communicate more directly, tactfully, and effectively.