Why HR Certification? Is it worth it? What do you gain?
HR Certification proves not only what you know but also how you can apply that knowledge on the job.
According to the two accrediting organizations – HR Certification Institute (HRCI) and Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) – the benefits of HR Certification are many and compelling:
- 2 out of 3 supervisors prefer to have certified staff in HR positions. 1 in 5 supervisors require certifications.
- Supervisors report that certificated professionals have greater potential for higher level positions.
- Those with a Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification earn an average of $4,547 more per year and Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certified earn an average of $19,712 more per year than those not credentialed.
- Income growth for those with a PHR was 292% higher per year and SPHR was 983% higher per year than those not credentialed.
- Supervisors report that certified professionals are more effective at carrying out strategic HR tasks and have more HR experience.
- Research shows that companies that have HR certified staff have higher employer reputation ratings, increased stock price performance and revenue growth.
- Earning your credential makes you a recognized expert and leader in the HR field—and a valuable asset to your organization, keeping you and your organization more competitive in today's economy.
"I have my Master’s in HR so thought that would be "good enough." However, since getting my certification, I’ve recognized that it is much more widely recognized in this industry and it requires me to stay current and knowledgeable in this field. A definite plus for me and my employer!"
Learn more about HRCI and SHRM certifications.