Deidre Garrett - Director HR Services
Member of: HR Services
“Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” - Steve Jobs
Anyone who knows Deidre has witnessed her passion for helping businesses succeed. Over the years, she has spoken to many community and business groups about the ongoing cultural and technological transformations in the world of work and about how HR leaders help businesses and workers adapt through strategic recruitment, training, and planning. Her accomplishments in recruiting and HR are attributed to her ability to develop trusting relationships with organizational leaders as well as provide unique solutions to help them drive their businesses forward.
She has experience in developing and implementing recruitment strategies that improved operational outcomes and maximized profits. She also has extensive experience in human resource planning and operations, organizational change, team building, organizational effectiveness, and facilitative leadership. Her varied career includes leadership positions in the staffing, nonprofit, and retail management industries, where she was responsible for recruiting, business development, leading teams, project management, multimillion dollar P&L oversight, and training & development.
- Served as a leader for recruiting teams in a major market, managing a $17 million annual budget.
- Successfully developed new program initiatives for clients that enhanced their profile and credibility, including curriculum development, training, registration, and evaluation.
- Developed an ongoing cross-training program for a multisite retailer and served as the liaison between teams.
- Managed talent development and conducted monthly talent planning, succession planning, and strategy sessions for a large, multifaceted team.
Deidre holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree from Hampton University.
Publications and Presentations
- Presenter, Iowa Works Program – Topic: Respectful Workplace & Harassment Prevention
- Presenter, Earn & Learn (Milwaukee’s Summer Youth Employment Initiative) Annual Program – Topic: Employability Skills
- Presenter, Junior Achievement of WI Annual Meeting – Topic: The Skills Gap
- Presenter, Recruiter Network – Topic: Tips for Recruiting a Multi-Generational Workforce
Professional and Community Activities
Deidre is active in the community and currently serves on the Salvation Army Board. She is also actively engaged in Professional Dimensions and The Ridge Community Church. In her spare time, she mentors young women and contributes her time to helping them gain industry-relevant skills prior to entering the workforce.