David Payne, Sr. - Recruiting Business Partner
Member of: Recruiting
“The only impossible journey is the one that you never begin.” - Anthony Robbins
Over the years, I’ve been asked how and what led me to a career in the HR field, and my response early on has been...I fell into this. However, I’ve enjoyed every challenge and opportunity along the way, as challenges are merely opportunities in need of guidance to present themselves as gems. My more than 25 years of comprehensive experience includes just over two years in the PEO industry as a Regional HR Services Manager, followed by more than 10 years as a COO and VP of HR, growing a staffing and consulting company from ten to over 250 employees supporting several fortune 500 companies. I took a leap of faith and launched a small consulting and staffing business that experienced growth of 180% within three years.
Former CEO and COO with extensive operations, organizational development, training, human resource, and business development expertise. Supported business initiatives for organizations of all sizes in a wide range of industries; significant experience in staffing, HR and operations consulting, and professional employer organizations (PEO).
- Influential in growing a staffing and consulting business to revenue in excess of $85 million within five years.
- Launched a small business with a focus on HR and operations consulting and staffing.
- Awarded tier one contracts as an MSP and VMS service provider for several companies, including two multistate energy, technology and paper manufacturing companies.
- Served as as outside senior leader to clients at leadership team meetings.
- Developed a 1099/Independent Contractor Compliance program, inclusive of quarterly audit automation, and integrated the program into client software.
- Created and implemented a summer/college student hire program, spanning over 20 states with customized client-to candidate acceptance, and an onboarding software program.
- Provided consultation on organizational design, job design, and job description creation.
David earned his bachelor’s degree from Lewis University, and a master’s degree in business administration from the University of Maryland.