Michael Hyatt - HR Government Affairs Director
Member of: HR Services
“The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.” - Phil Jackson
Respectful leader, effective communicator, and influential presenter–that’s how Michael is regarded by those who know him. He has proven experience collaborating with leaders at all levels. He believes that the success of a team is dependent on every team member working toward a common goal and that no individual member has the knowledge and experience of the team as a whole.
Michael has a passion for coaching and training, and enjoys sharing his wealth of knowledge with an energetic and creative approach to help individuals and organizations achieve results. Through powerful storytelling and sharing real-life experiences, he makes learning inspiring and effective.
With more than 15 years of progressive HR experience in multiple industries, Michael serves MRA members as the HR Government Affairs Director. He helps members by:
- Keeping current on employment and labor law trends and focusing on what members need to know.
- Providing guidance and interpretation on diverse employment, labor and compliance issues.
- Managing investigations and HR audits.
- Designing tools, communications and training to support members policies and programs.
- Partnered with executive management to launch a nationwide formal alternative dispute resolution program and served as program manager.
- Collaborated with legal counsel to successfully manage dozens of Department of Labor compliance audits.
- Successfully developed and delivered training and development programs, including topics such as harassment and discrimination, performance management, and FLSA compliance.
Michael earned a Bachelor’s degree in Sociology (Law & Criminology emphasis) from the University of Minnesota.
Professional and Community Activities
Michael is an active volunteer in the community and a passionate basketball coach.