It’s a myth that ostriches bury their heads in the sand. But the myth is a spot-on analogy for leaders who take no action when their reports are faltering, who insist on doing it all themselves, or who fail to recognize the value of proactively managing performance. This module helps you banish any notion that, “This will go away if I just ignore it.” By learning to effectively train, delegate, coach, set goals, and give feedback in effective, efficient, and ethical ways, you increase your reports’ chances for success on the job. You acquire the skills to implement a consultative method of addressing issues and a process that gets to the heart of performance issues, while recognizing the vital steps to take when discipline is required.
What You Will Learn:
- Set performance goals.
- Identify performance standards.
- Diagnose causes of performance problems.
- Create SMART goals.
- Apply training and delegation techniques as methods of developing the talent of others.
- Develop the skills of constructive feedback and coaching.
- Use assertive communication skills for effective coaching.
- Demonstrate active listening skills.
- Identify appropriate consequences of acceptable and unacceptable behavior.
- Identify appropriate steps for discipline.
- Examine strategies to ensure appropriate documentation.
- Conduct an effective performance review.
Who Should Attend:
For newly appointed supervisors, managers, and professionals as well as for individuals with management potential looking for indepth strategies with practical application.
- Communication skills
- Performance management
- Political savvy
- Talent management