When was the last time you witnessed a truly memorable business presentation? Unfortunately, few people know how to prepare an effective presentation that will accomplish the desired result. There is a tendency to think that if you can just cram a few more facts into your PowerPoint slides - that will carry the day! This session shows you the secrets to writing and preparing presentations with impact. You learn what to include and how to structure the information. This class emphasizes how to write a presentation and also includes some tips on using PowerPoint effectively as well as some recommendations on how to practice. It is helpful for participants to bring a laptop to class.
It is recommended that this class be taken in tandem with Presentation Skills which focuses on effective delivery skills for public speaking.
What You Will Learn:
- Recognize that you speak differently than you write.
- Use a powerful structure to set clear objectives and organize the flow of ideas.
- Learn to analyze and plan for your audience.
- Plan and maintain a clear focus.
- Prepare transitions to build clarity for the audience.
- Write introductions and conclusions that have impact, two vitally important and yet under-utilized parts of the presentation.
- Discuss effective rehearsal and delivery strategies and effective use of PowerPoint.
- Write and prepare a full presentation.
Who Should Attend:
Anyone who is called upon to organize and present information and ideas in front of groups. Professionals, managers, and executives from every area of business can benefit from this program.