Planning strategic initiatives and setting organization-wide goals is a vital step toward organizational success. But, effectively guiding your company through the changes needed to achieve those goals is another—equally vital—process. The Organizational Development (OD) Certificate will provide you with an overview of OD and the role of the OD practitioner. More importantly, you will learn how to apply OD principles and techniques to improve performance in the workplace and achieve overall organizational effectiveness. OD is a unique blend of art and science, and MRA’s approach to OD is consistent with how we approach everything else. We understand the theory and models, but our focus is on practical application that can improve outcomes for employers and employees.
What is OD?
- Professional field that applies behavioral science knowledge and practices to help organizations achieve success in terms of financial returns, effectiveness, and improved quality of work life.
- Planned, organization-wide effort to increase an organization's effectiveness and viability.
- Comprehensive approach that addresses the overall health of an organization.
- Process that responds to or initiates change in an organization's culture and removes obstacles to increase effectiveness and success in achieving desired outcomes.
The MRA Organizational Development Certificate provides you with the knowledge and skills required to execute successful change strategies and increase organizational effectiveness. During the program’s three sessions, you’ll apply what you learn to your own individual project and discuss key insights with other program participants.
- Systems Thinking
- Increasing Your Self-Awareness
- Change Management
- Understanding Group Processes
- Applying the OD Consulting Model
- Translating OD into Business Results
- Expand your current knowledge of OD principles and practices.
- Define the knowledge, skills, experiences, and abilities of an effective OD practitioner.
- Develop your skills to become an effective OD practitioner that is able to lead change and increase organizational functioning.
- Apply OD practices to solve specific problems and enhance performance at the individual, group, and organization-wide level.
- Connect OD initiatives to business results.
Who Should Attend:
This certificate program is designed for leaders responsible for managing change and improving organizational performance, implementing change initiatives, developing talent initiatives, or for anyone interested in learning more about the field of organizational development.