Applying your organization's vision and strategy while building effective company culture is vital to successful leadership. If you focus solely on daily productivity in a nose-to-the-grindstone fashion, you neglect the crucial ingredient of building morale and motivating your reports to greater productivity and increased engagement. This module concentrates on the skills you need to strike just the right balance. You learn how to take strategic objectives and help your reports create complementary goals. A strengthened ability to analyze the longer range impact of your tactical decisions increases your willingness to make tactical adjustments. An in-depth study of motivation and employee engagement polishes your ability to increase productivity. With the clear-sighted perspective this module provides, you acquire proficiency to ensure that workers' individual actions support and align with the organization's overall strategy.
What You Will Learn:
- Identify the values and cultural norms within your organization.
- Describe components of vision and strategic plans.
- Relate functional area goals to strategic goals.
- Consider a communication and integration plan for goals.
- Appreciate the balance between vision achievement and daily work.
- Relate vision and strategy to employee engagement.
- Recognize the various motivational theories to create engagement.
- Plan how to use motivational theories to create engagement.
- Use the MRA Human Needs Model to create a motivational plan for employees.
- Consider the impact of generational issues when motivating the workforce.
Who Should Attend:
For newly appointed supervisors, managers, and professionals as well as for individuals with management potential looking for in-depth strategies with practical application.
- Communication skills
- Motivating others
- Performance management
- Political savvy
- Strategic skills