Have you ever been faced with a recruiting, employee relations, or employee/team development situation with the following challenges:
- How do I identify top performers before I hire them?
- When doing succession planning, who are the best candidates for promotion?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of any given work team and how can I maximize their performance?
- How can I hire in a way that will reduce turnover?
Assessments can aid in all of the above. Primary reasons for using assessments are:
- Assessments are objective.
- Assessments help measure knowledge, skills, abilities, attitudes and/or personality traits that may be hard to assess through an interview.
Think of assessments as the third leg of a three-legged stool. All three legs combined - behavioral interviewing, assessments, and reference checking - make for stronger selection decisions.