Senior Human Resource Director
Kathy is an HR professional with over 25 years of broad and progressive human resource experience in manufacturing and service environments. Her background includes responsibilities in areas of human resources including strategic planning, management development, employee relations, labor relations, recruiting, coaching, affirmative action, and safety. Kathy has worked with a diverse group of member companies, ranging from small to large, in several industries. Specifically, Kathy has acted in a human resource management role with a large Wisconsin-based firm that experienced rapid growth, mergers, and acquisitions. Kathy has expertise in the areas of employee orientations, HRIS, and recruiting. With her broad base of knowledge, Kathy has responded to many MRA member human resource inquiries.
- Conducted harassment investigations.
- Successfully defended an organization from discrimination allegations.
- Developed employee handbooks, performed reviews and rewrites; wrote policies and procedures.
- Successfully recruited for and filled a variety of professional positions, including engineering positions.
- Coached senior managers regarding sensitive employee relations issues.
- Is versed in the use of and capabilities of HRIS and applicant tracking systems.
- Managed medical and dental benefit enrollment.
- Participated on several lean teams.
- Successfully developed and facilitated new employee orientation programs.
- Served on the bargaining committee for labor negotiations.
- Successfully trained managers and employees on policies including affirmative action and safety.
Kathy received her B.S. degree in business administration from the University of Wisconsin–Green Bay.