Human Resource Director
Deborah Ethington is Human Resource Director for MRA–The Management Association. Deborah has over 20 years of progressive and diverse experience in human resources with companies both large and small. She worked for several national companies in management roles before joining MRA as a Human Resource Director.
Deborah’s experience includes designing, developing and implementing HR policies and procedures, including selection of employee benefits plans, for a technology start-up company. As HR Manager for a large union-based organization, Deborah was responsible for all facets of HR management. She also provided coaching and facilitated regular meetings with management to enhance teamwork and synchronize approaches. She has trained HR professionals and company managers in the use of competencies for selection, performance management, and succession planning, having assisted in the design and implementation of a behavior-based selection tool. Deborah also served as member of the negotiating team on two union contracts.
Additional areas of expertise:
- Creating job descriptions and assigning grade and salary levels.
- Developing compensation matrix.
- Successfully recruited for and filled a variety of professional positions including CFO, engineers, information technology, sales, marketing and human resources.
- Designed and developed in-house temporary work pools.
- Developed and administered personnel policies and guideline procedures.
- Coached managers on diverse employee relations issues.
- Revised and refined FMLA policies which resulted in decreasing both the number of employees on leave and the length of leave.
Deborah earned an MBA, with an emphasis in human resource management and real estate finance from DePaul University and is a member of the Society of Human Resources Management Association. Deborah has also taught Human Resource Management classes for Concordia College’s Madison campus.