Competencies are defined as, "Desired key behaviors aligned with an organization's strategic initiatives that, when mastered, result in excellent performance."
Competency Management helps to answer the questions:
- Which skills do employees have now?
- Which will they need to accomplish the company's strategic plans for the future?
- How will we address any gaps?
Identifying key competencies and having them drive recruitment, development, and retention strategies is essential to organizational success. Because we at MRA believe so strongly in the importance of effective Competency Management, we packaged our process into an easy-to-use Toolkit for members. The Toolkit enables a facilitator, either within or outside of an organization, to expertly guide their organization through the process.
- Step-by-step hard copy instructions for implementing the process with your leadership team. Click here to view of schematic of the overall process.
- Sample documents including an agenda, charts, and decision grids.
- Four sets of 66 Competency Cards. Each card lists one competency and its description.
- Two Competency Charts, each listing all the competencies. One chart is used to record Current Competencies. The second is used to record Future Competencies.
- A CD of instructions delivered by Randy Rakow, MRA's Director of Strategic Human Resource Services. Randy walks through each step, elaborating on its implementation. Click here to see a video overview of Competency Management Toolkit.
- BONUS! Included is a set of competency-based interview questions that can assist you in hiring for the competencies on which your company is focused. Click here to see a sample page.
The cost is $195 for MRA members and $250 for non-members. Additional sets of competency cards and interview booklets can be purchased separately. To view pricing, click here.
MRA's experts can provide additional coaching or facilitate the session for you. Contact us to discuss your needs.