This course focuses on general quantitative concepts, basic statistical tools, the mathematics of total compensation design and administration, mathematical modeling, and regression analysis. Participants learn to consider data from numerous sources, with an emphasis on problem solving and decision making.
What You Will Learn:
- Learn basic quantitative concepts and the four levels of measurement.
- Understand how to define and compare percents, market index and compa-ratios.
- Study the time value of money—including compound interest and the compound salary growth rate.
- Find out how to collect, analyze, and accurately display statistical data.
- Learn how to determine central tendency and measures of central locations.
- Discuss measures of variability.
- Explore shapes of distribution.
- Gain an understanding of modeling and regression analysis.
Who Should Attend:
This course is intended for those seeking a basic treatment for applying statistics in total compensation management. It is assumed that there has been no formal exposure to statistics, but have taken a basic algebra course. This includes individuals who are relatively new to the field as well as experienced practitioners.