Today’s workplaces employ a wide variety of diverse workers with different styles, backgrounds, ages, languages, religions, and values. But they all have at least one thing in common: a commitment to doing a good job and improving the performance of their enterprise. This program deals with the diversity that has always existed in our country, today’s growing workplace diversity, and ways to easily adjust our thinking surrounding the variety of workers, while focusing on getting the job done right. You will complete a brief assessment during class.
- Learn about the different generational, ethnic, cultural, gender, and communication styles present in a diverse workplace.
- Describe the value and strengths the varied workers bring to the workplace and potential friction points.
- Acknowledge that our individual biases influence our thoughts and decision-making processes.
- Identify subtle behaviors that send the right...or the wrong...messages.
- Understand how to adapt your own approach to decrease tension.
- Learn ways to accommodate differences without affecting the quality and the quantity of the work.
- Handle performance conversations simply, effectively, and professionally.
Who Should Attend:
Supervisors, managers, and individuals who routinely work with diversity, learning and development professionals, sales professionals, and customer service professions, or anyone responsible for resolving customer complaints.