Frontline Leaders must resolve conflict situations and deal with different types of "difficult" employees. This one-day program provides you with practical, tactful communication techniques to address conflict and influence others.
- Identify sources and common workplace expressions of conflict.
- Evaluate and implement methods of conflict resolution.
- Practice assertive communication techniques to constructively address conflict.
- Effectively explain to others the impact and outcomes associated with their difficult behavior.
- Present information and ideas in a way that influences others in a positive direction.
Who Should Attend:
This series is valuable for both new and experienced frontline leaders from office, manufacturing, and service organizations. These individuals are not officially "management" employees, but who provide leadership, direction, or guidance to a work group without the power to hire, fire, promote, or conduct performance reviews.
For new supervisors and managers who have the responsibility to hire, fire, promote, and evaluate performance, the Principles of Leadership Excellence Series is strongly recommended.
Prerequisite: Completion of Frontline Leadership: Communication Skills is recommended.