This program provides HR support professionals with an introduction to the role and responsibilities of HR within an organization. Gain an understanding of the elements comprising the HR function including various employment laws, recordkeeping requirements, FMLA and COBRA administration, and the recruitment and selection process. Through engaging learning activities and discussion, explore best-practices for tackling workplace challenges.
What You Will Learn:
- Describe the HR function and common responsibilities.
- Identify what it means to be a legal agent of an organization.
- Demonstrate an understanding of employment law through case study application.
- Demonstrate an understanding of FMLA and COBRA administration.
- Discuss best practices for current HR record storage, retention, and accessibility.
- Discuss the recruitment and selection process including sourcing, interviewing, conducting background investigations, and onboarding.
Who Should Attend:
This program is ideal for an HR assistant or other professional support roles within an organization who are looking to broaden their HR knowledge.
- Customer focus
- Decision-making skills
- Ethics and integrity
- Interaction with higher management
- Interpersonal communication
- Technical skills
- Trust and respect