This is the premier course for those responsible for FMLA administration. This course teaches the full leave life cycle from when an employer learns of the need for leave through the employee's return to work. Decrease the impact that FMLA absences have on your business with an effective FMLA process. Support your front-line leaders by controlling FMLA abuse issues such as lack of notice, late starts, and "Friday-Monday syndrome."
What You Will Learn:
Day One - The Legal Foundation
- Translate state and federal FMLA regulations into a to-do list.
- Identify what kind of personal events and medical issues trigger FMLA leave rights.
- Distinguish between family members that are covered by FMLA and those that are not.
Day Two - The Administrative Foundation
- Recognize the actions you must take when a leave is requested.
- Review FMLA forms and documentation.
- Process a pregnancy leave, intermittent leave, and care-taking leave.
- Manage chronic conditions such as migraines and depression.
- Learn your legal rights to better manage suspected abuse.
- Recognize the interaction between FMLA, ADA, and Worker's Compensation.
Who Should Attend:
Any individual with day-to-day responsibility for FMLA administration or who is new to the complex area of FMLA.
- Dealing with uncertainty
- Decision-making skills
- Technical skills