The Coaching Certificate Program develops advanced coaching skills required to train managers to be coaches, to coach senior leaders, and to create a coaching culture that supports business strategies. Many organizations are using coaching to supplement training, mentoring, and on-the-job assignments to meet leadership development needs. These needs include developing high potentials, preparing future leaders, and helping good performers develop new skills to meet business opportunities. Follow-up studies show that coaching delivers three to five times the return on investment. This two-day program is highly interactive combining presentations of best practices, live modeling, role playing, and case studies. Participants will apply the coaching process to actual leadership situations in their organizations.
What You Will Learn:
- Demonstrate the coaching model with managers and senior leaders.
- Train managers in how to be effective coaches.
- Discuss how to use assessments in determining leader development needs.
- Develop strategies to handle difficult coaching challenges.
- Integrate the coachee’s manager, the organization systems and business strategies, and the culture in creating a successful coaching engagement.
- Use metrics for tracking coaching results.
- Create an action plan for implementing and tracking a coaching strategy.
Who Should Attend:
The program is designed for HR, OD, training, and other key business or operational leaders charged with the responsibility of developing talent. The program is for individuals who coach managers and senior leaders throughout the organization and for those who want to focus on integrating coaching into an overall leadership development strategy.
Developing direct reports