Interested in disrupting the HR scene at DisruptHR Minneapolis-St. Paul 2.0?
If you have something to share, an idea you want to test out, or something you’ve always wanted to say about the future of HR and talent, let us know and we’ll keep you in mind! Meanwhile watch these awesome talks for inspiration and to see what other disruptors are saying.
DisruptHR Minneapolis-St.Paul: October 25, 2017 Speakers
Here are the speakers from our DisruptHR Minneapolis-St.Paul event on October 25, 2017. Each speaker had 5 minutes to blow our mind! For photos from the event see our photos tab.
Regional Director of Sales, CareerArc
"Fire" Proof Your Brand
- That the old way/method of delivering Outplacement via the traditionally expensive "brick and mortar" programs has given way to virtual, on-demand coaching.
- That an "Outplacement for Everyone" program protects the employer brand allowing for the company to preserve their valuable reputation and maintain the ability to hire top talent in the future.
Read Caroline's article "Fire" Proof Your Brand.
Account Manager / Sr. Designer, GP Strategies
Keeping It Real (and Relevant): Learning in the Workplace
- HR and Learning and Development teams have been deluded that shiny and new and fancy is the way to improve workplace performance. But, you know what does? Focusing on what the top performers produce.
- When you put yourself in the learner's shoes and design an empathic experience that offers choices and consequences, in a meaningful way, then you are more likely to bridge the gap between learning and producing.
Read Britney's article Squirrel! Avoiding the Bright Shiny Objects and Focusing on Outcomes.
Owner, Sepler & Associates
Everything we Do is Wrong: Our Approach to Sexual Harassment Doesn't Work
- Anti-harassment policies and training may be required, but they are likely not helping and may be making things worse.
- We can’t just tell people to be respectful: we need to have vital conversations about what it means.
- Feedback rich environments are awesome.
Read Fran's article Open Respectful Minds and Don’t Close Your Door.
Human Relations Consultant, In Private Practice
Managing your Mojo!
- Value of Emotions
- Processing Emotions
- Self-Management for Accountability
Owner, tHRive Law & Consulting LLC
Compliance is Sexy
- Understand the role of compliance in human resources
- Learn some methods to incorporate compliance as a business decision
- Appreciate the role of fairness in selecting compliant options
Mindful Leadership Educator, Sense of Wonder, LLC
I Was Given Leadership Training So Why Isn’t it Working in the Real World?
- Leadership that is self-aware, resilient and in tune with the needs of others is a necessity in our constantly changing work environments.
- Self- Awareness improves when we understand our stress responses and mental habits.
- Mindfulness cultivates self-awareness by enhancing somatic intelligence (physical response) and emotional intelligence.
Read Connie's article Can You Make It To The End Of This Article Without Looking At Your Phone?.
Owner, A Medley
Is your Boss/CEO a Picker or a Polisher?
- No way to avoid it, your HR activity and initiatives will largely be determined by the strategic focus of your Boss/CEO.
- Attracting, hiring and providing support to employees and managers will be KPIs for you and your HR function.
- It’s up to you to figure out how to balance often conflicting expectations.
VP of Talent Management, ABRA Auto Body & Glass
Wanted: More Jazz Players
- We need to focus less on leadership and more on innovation.
- Take a lesson from jazz and improvise.
- That means have a trust, yes and, and all in mindset as a team.
Read Sarah's article Embrace Constraints.
The 360 HR Video Maven, Skill Scout
Putting the VR in HR: A New Frontier
- Virtual Reality isn't far off in the future, it’s happening now.
- You can use 360 video to attract higher quality candidates by creating an immersive job previews, to assess candidate skills, and training employees.
COO & Co-founder, Structural
How to Bust Silos, Form Deeper Connections to Drive Employee Success
- The workforce is changing dramatically in age, diversity, and work styles.
- The benefits of a strong employee experience are shown on the top and bottom lines.
- Organizations need modern technologies to help them build deeper connections and bust silos.
Read Chip's article Why HR Needs To Think More Like Marketing.
Facilities & Employment Coordinator, South Dakota State University
Say Millennial - Get Punched
- There’s not a lot of real differences between the generations.
- Focus on your employee’s current status in life, not when they were born.
- We all want meaningful work. It’s up to you, employers, to help your employees find meaning in what they do for you.
Read Wendy's article The Kids Will Be Okay.